Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kyle Valdock

Default Formatting Endnotes

Is it possible to format the endnote numbers so that they are
automatically bracket? eg [18]

The reason I ask
I have Figures in my text. I then add a Caption for each figure underneith.
eg: Figure 2-3 Temperature as a function of time

Sometimes the Caption requires and endnote number
eg: Figure 2-3 Temperature as a function of time [18]

The problem is: Now that reference number ( eg [18]) brakets are being pulled
into my 'List of Figures'.
Now each line in my 'List of Figures'
terminates with a set of square brackets.
eg: Figure 2-3 Temperature as a function of time []

How should I deal with this?

I have attempted to separate the reference number and the caption
without success. Maybe if the brackets were associated with the
endnote number they would not be pulled into the table of figures.

--
K. Valdock
Toronto, Canada