Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Frustrated

Default How can I save a .doc file as a .bmp, pdf or jpg file?

I have a MS Office document (9-pages) and the printer doesn't have all the
fonts I've used so when he opens it, it looks different. He said the only way
for it to be exactly the way I designed it is if I convert the .doc file to a
..bmp, .jpg or .pdf file. Is there a way to do this in MS Office 2000?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi there

Frustrated wrote:
I have a MS Office document (9-pages) and the printer doesn't have all the
fonts I've used so when he opens it, it looks different. He said the only way
for it to be exactly the way I designed it is if I convert the .doc file to a
.bmp, .jpg or .pdf file. Is there a way to do this in MS Office 2000?

Usually this is accomplished using a virtual printer driver. BMP, and
certainly JPEG does not sound like a good choice for transportation of 9
pages with a lot of text, so let's concentrate on PDF.

If you have Adobe Acrobat (the full version, not the Reader), that's the
luxury solution. Or you can use from a multitude of other applications
or even web services, ranging in price from freeware to a lot more. A
PostScript-printer driver in combination with ps2pdf might do the job,
too. [I'd fire up the search engine of your choice and use "ps2pdf",
"Ghostscript", "RTF2PDF" as possible search terms.]

Just don't forget: "PDF" in itself does not mean you are better off in
terms of fonts. You must make sure that the fonts you're using are
embedded in the final PDF (or at least the used subset is).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Depending on the fonts, you could give them to him on a disc. (Copyright
laws could apply.)

Download PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com. Good program - and free. It's handy
to have it anyway, now you have a valid excuse to download it. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Frustrated" wrote in message
I have a MS Office document (9-pages) and the printer doesn't have all the
fonts I've used so when he opens it, it looks different. He said the only
way
for it to be exactly the way I designed it is if I convert the .doc file
to a
.bmp, .jpg or .pdf file. Is there a way to do this in MS Office 2000?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You could try embedding the fonts in your document. Some fonts may not allow
this, most in common use will.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Frustrated" wrote in message
I have a MS Office document (9-pages) and the printer doesn't have all the
fonts I've used so when he opens it, it looks different. He said the only
way
for it to be exactly the way I designed it is if I convert the .doc file
to a
.bmp, .jpg or .pdf file. Is there a way to do this in MS Office 2000?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

As others have indicated, you will need extra software to do this. SnagIt
8 - www.techsmith.com will produce output in any of these formats. Please
yourself which you use. There is a demo so you should be able to produce
your document at no cost.