Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colonel Blip

Default Mail merge with pictures

Hello, All!

I would like to do a mailmerge from OL2k3 which includes the graphic (photo)
in the contact as well as the normal name, address, etc. Is there a way to
do this with mailmerge? I could not find a field that 'sounded like' the
photo graphic field.

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

You can't do this directly, and it will be complicated to add them until
your pictures are named to match an existing field in the data file. The
principle is shown at http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm

See also http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

Colonel Blip wrote:
Hello, All!

I would like to do a mailmerge from OL2k3 which includes the graphic
(photo) in the contact as well as the normal name, address, etc. Is
there a way to do this with mailmerge? I could not find a field that
'sounded like' the photo graphic field.

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I am not sure that Outlook stores the pictures in a suitable format, but if
it does, see:

See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges" section of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

You will also need to initiate the mailmerge from Outlook to get access to
the necessary field so also

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Colonel Blip" wrote in message
Hello, All!

I would like to do a mailmerge from OL2k3 which includes the graphic
(photo) in the contact as well as the normal name, address, etc. Is there
a way to do this with mailmerge? I could not find a field that 'sounded
like' the photo graphic field.

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Hi Colonel!

Publisher's Catalog Merge will do that, if you happen to have that terrific
program. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Colonel Blip" wrote in message
Hello, All!

I would like to do a mailmerge from OL2k3 which includes the graphic
(photo) in the contact as well as the normal name, address, etc. Is there
a way to do this with mailmerge? I could not find a field that 'sounded
like' the photo graphic field.

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

I thought I knew Publisher reasonably well, but I didn't think it interfaced
with Outlook - let alone use the photographs attached to the contacts list,
which don't appear to be part of the data file? What did you have in mind?

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Hi Colonel!

Publisher's Catalog Merge will do that, if you happen to have that
terrific program. ;-)

"Colonel Blip" wrote in
message ...
Hello, All!

I would like to do a mailmerge from OL2k3 which includes the graphic
(photo) in the contact as well as the normal name, address, etc. Is
there a way to do this with mailmerge? I could not find a field that
'sounded like' the photo graphic field.

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I may have made an assumption that isn't true. I assumed he already had this
info out of Outlook.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
Hi Colonel!

Publisher's Catalog Merge will do that, if you happen to have that
terrific program. ;-)

"Colonel Blip" wrote in
message ...
Hello, All!

I would like to do a mailmerge from OL2k3 which includes the graphic
(photo) in the contact as well as the normal name, address, etc. Is
there a way to do this with mailmerge? I could not find a field that
'sounded like' the photo graphic field.

Thanks,
Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colonel Blip

Graham, Doug, & JoAnn,

Thanks folks for the leads. I will explore. Actually, following up on
JoAnn's comment, I do have the pictures available separately & Publisher.
I'll have to look at the Catalogue Merge feature and see what that is all
about. I'll probably be back for more advice. Thanks again.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

JPM I may have made an assumption that isn't true. I assumed he already
JPM had this info out of Outlook.

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Colonel Blip" wrote in message
Graham, Doug, & JoAnn,

Thanks folks for the leads. I will explore. Actually, following up on
JoAnn's comment, I do have the pictures available separately & Publisher.
I'll have to look at the Catalogue Merge feature and see what that is all
about. I'll probably be back for more advice. Thanks again.

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

JPM I may have made an assumption that isn't true. I assumed he already
JPM had this info out of Outlook.

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Colonel Blip

Hello, JoAnn!
You wrote on Sun, 2 Apr 2006 16:26:33 -0400:

Ok, as promised, 'I'm baaaccckkkk'.

Using Pub 2k3, I tried the Cat. Merge and checked out how I might do this.

I have the data a couple of ways. First of all, all of my photos can be in a
folder. Let's say I name them with the same name as the fields for the
person - "lastname_firstname.jpg". I have the names/addresses in a couple of
forms - Paradox database or OL 2k3 (I can export OL data to near anything -
xls, txt, or csv file.

My first try - Paradox data and Merge wizard. I could get the merge on PD to
work, but the formatting is a hassle since field lengths on the Pub page are
fixed and merging leaves lots of space if field is big enough to handle
longest name. I could find no way to add a picture except by inserting it
directly, but then the merge feature for names/addresses is not much value
if I am trying to make this largely an automated product.

I'm probably missing a lot - any advice welcome.

Thanks,

Colonel Blip.
E-mail:

JPM I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

I have to be honest and tell you that I haven't played with the catalog
merge. Post your question over in the Pub group and let the others take a
stab at it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]