Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul52

Default Information copied

Hi, how can I duplicate a string from page one to page two, I have a header,
but that is fixed (and works), but when page two comes up I would like the 25
digit number I have entered on page one rather than enter it again to be
(automaticly) on page two??

Can some one help please.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Use a Ref field. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 16:11:02 -0700, Paul52
wrote:

Hi, how can I duplicate a string from page one to page two, I have a header,
but that is fixed (and works), but when page two comes up I would like the 25
digit number I have entered on page one rather than enter it again to be
(automaticly) on page two??

Can some one help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Paul52 wrote:
Hi, how can I duplicate a string from page one to page two, I have a header,
but that is fixed (and works), but when page two comes up I would like the 25
digit number I have entered on page one rather than enter it again to be
(automaticly) on page two??

Insert the number in a DOCPROPERTY and reference that wherever else you
want in the document. This has the benefit that it's a lot harder to
accidentally "overwrite" the "source".

HTH
Robert
--