Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Internet_Probs

Default Word dictionary defaults to spanish

I didn't do anything to my Word settings and all of a sudden Word spellcheck
was getting checked in Spanish, which causes everything to appear mispelled
since I am English (U.S.). I try to change the dictionary default from
spanish to English but every time I do it returns it to Spanish. I even tried
reinstalling Word but it still changes the dictionary.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Internet_Probs

Thank you. I fixed that but the problem is I cannot get my current document
to stay on the english setting. Even after I follow the steps on the link
provided the current document does not remain on the english setting. It
continues to reset itself to English every time I set it back. When I open
new documents, however, the language is set for English.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

"Internet_Probs" wrote in message
I didn't do anything to my Word settings and all of a sudden Word

spellcheck
was getting checked in Spanish, which causes everything to appear

mispelled
since I am English (U.S.). I try to change the dictionary default from
spanish to English but every time I do it returns it to Spanish. I even

tried
reinstalling Word but it still changes the dictionary.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Internet_Probs,

A long time ago I had the same problem - but with Dutch. I cannot remember
exactly what the solution was, but it was located at the start of the
document. Check the language setting for the first word, remove anything at
the start of the document that has hidden format and a different language
setting... something like that.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

"Internet_Probs" wrote in message
I didn't do anything to my Word settings and all of a sudden Word

spellcheck
was getting checked in Spanish, which causes everything to appear

mispelled
since I am English (U.S.). I try to change the dictionary default from
spanish to English but every time I do it returns it to Spanish. I even

tried
reinstalling Word but it still changes the dictionary.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you disable "Automatically detect language"? Have you changed the
defaults both in Windows and in Word? Be aware that if you paste in text
formatted in another language, the language formatting at the insertion
point will change; language is a font property that can be applied to even a
single character.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Internet_Probs" wrote in

message

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM