Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George Furnell

Default Tagging text whilst reviewing and later copy it all in 1 batch

Good day,
How can I, whilst reviewing a document, tag certain sentences (or text) so
that I can easily copy them all in one batch later on? Of course without
writing complex macros etc. Is this possible?

Kind regards
gf

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George Furnell

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Word 2000 (maybe even 97) and above, you can Ctrl+click to select
noncontiguous text.

Suzanne, thank you for the response. The only problem I see with this method
is that it will not be 'persistent' when after I close Word (even if I save
the doc). Is there any other sugestion?

Kind regards

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
George Furnell

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

I need to review a document (a major part of my job), and when I spot a
sentence or text that needs to be extracted I want to select the text and
somehow tag it. This might go on for days and at the end of the process, I
want to easily be able to copy all the text that I have tagged to another
document for further processing. The only problem with using the Ctrl+select
method is that when I switch my pc off, the selection is lost.

Any advise?
Kind regards
George

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

There isn't really any kind of persistent tag of the nature you are
describing. The easiest way to do what you ask is to format the text you
want to mark in some way - highlight perhaps - and then when you're done, do
a Find and Replace operation and - this does need at least Word 2002 - check
"Highlight all items found in document"; after pressing Find All you can do
a copy and paste of all the found highlighted text and then unhighlight it.

Another, less robust, possibility if the machine is under your total control
and you don't want to do multiple documents at the same time is to use the
Spike as this is persistent across sessions (until inserted/pasted once).

The simplest solution, in my opinion however, is to copy the text as you go
along - it wouldn't be awfully difficult manually but could be made almost
trivial with a fairly simple macro.

--
Enjoy,
Tony