Botkyrka; a part of Europe

Default Word2000-->2003, Can not cross-reference to Tables and Figures

Hi,
I had to change the computer so my document that I developed in Word
2000 I have to continue with Word 2003.

My problem: I want to make cross-references to figures and tables, but
when I use: Insert-Reference-Cross-Reference-Tabell then the "table
for which caption" is empty. This is also for Figures. That worked in
W2000.
Question what is the reason that the table is empty

An other question:
I don't have time to make all the adaptations as e.g. styles, I just
want to finsih with the document as if I were on W2000. How can I take
all adaptations and copy into the normal template?

Thank you for all help
Best Regards
Georg
Robert M. Franz

Hi Gerog

Botkyrka; a part of Europe wrote:
Hi,
I had to change the computer so my document that I developed in Word
2000 I have to continue with Word 2003.

My problem: I want to make cross-references to figures and tables, but
when I use: Insert-Reference-Cross-Reference-Tabell then the "table
for which caption" is empty. This is also for Figures. That worked in
W2000.
Question what is the reason that the table is empty

I'm not quite sure I understand, but if you made a custom category for
your captions, these are stored in the registry (at least this was so in
Word 2000). If my guess is correct, try making one new caption and see
whether your category is there. If not, you have to set it up again. You
can make a new caption and delete it right afterwards. From now on and
on this computer, you should be able to make cross-references to this
category.

I don't have time to make all the adaptations as e.g. styles, I just
want to finsih with the document as if I were on W2000. How can I take
all adaptations and copy into the normal template?

Again it is hard for me to see what you are asking: If you have worked
with styles in Word 2000, those will still be present in your document
now. And they will look the same, too, unless you have Tools | Templates
and Add-ins: "Automatically update document styles" checked.

And check that you have Tools | Options | Compatibility: "Recommended
Options for" set to "MS Word 2000" (which probably already is when you
take a document from an older version).

Greetinx
..bob
--