Michael Leu

Default Can't Delete Watermark in Word 2003

I created a document in which the last several pages were
landscape mode for displaying wide tables. I accomplished
that by creating a new section and formatting the pages
for that section as landscape. When I sent the document
out for review, I added a text watermark ("draft"). When I
deleted the watermark for the final version, Word only
took it out of section 1, refuses to take it out of
section 2, even though the setting is "no watermark"
everywhere in the document. If I try to add a new
watermark, it superimposes the new one on the old one.
Removing the watermark after that only takes out the new
one. How do I get rid of the original watermark in section
2?

Ricki

I'm having the same problem as Michael, although I need
to delete the watermark for entire document that was
put there by another person who sent the document to me
to work on. sure would appreciate some help.

I created a document in which the last several pages

were
landscape mode for displaying wide tables. I

accomplished
that by creating a new section and formatting the pages
for that section as landscape. When I sent the document
out for review, I added a text watermark ("draft"). When

deleted the watermark for the final version, Word only
took it out of section 1, refuses to take it out of
section 2, even though the setting is "no watermark"
everywhere in the document. If I try to add a new
watermark, it superimposes the new one on the old one.
Removing the watermark after that only takes out the new
one. How do I get rid of the original watermark in

section
2?
.

Daiya Mitchell

Did you read the help the last poster got?

View Headers and Footers. Select the Watermark and delete it. Use the
header/footer toolbar to naviage to next section and delete again if
necessary.

If you turn on nonprinting characters (click ¶ on the standard toolbar) you
will be able to see that the watermark is in fact anchored (anchor symbol)
to a paragraph in the header/footer.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/