June

Default Temp files Won't Go Away

This is the weirdest problem yet...I have dozens of tmp
files in My Documents and I can't get rid of them. It
all started when I tried to burn a long document onto a
CD. It didn't work, but it caused about 12 of these
files to be created (they have a little Notepad or
Wordpad icon, an "S" squiggle lying on its side and names
such as WRL3155 tmp. While working on a document, the
screen told me I was out of disk space and to clear some
files. When I looked, there were 30 of them! Like
rabbits. So I deleted them all.

But just now, I was working on the same document
(actually a new version of it) and the same warning came
up on the screen and all those files are back! How can
that be? I I cn't delete them because the scxreen says
they are in use! Worse, the computer couldn't save my
changes to my document because there was no disk space.

Please, what can I do? Thank you.

June

No, I didn't save anything to the CD. I tried, but it
didn't work. And there are now over 30 of these tmp
files using up all my disk space. As I mentioned, I did
delete them and they came right back! I have no idea how
they do that, but I truly need to get rid of them.

Also, for the very first time, "My Documents" shows a
Back-up file for every single document I have. I never
had this before. It began when the tmp files showed up.
I was terribly worried while editing this book when I
found I couldn't save my changes, since the computer said
I had no disk space left. I have plenty of space, but
not with these files. Plus, the screen says I can't
delete them because someone is using them, yet I have no
documents open!
You are likely to get these files while you are working

on a document. They
are usually deleted automatically when you close the

file. If you are saving
to a CD, however, you will not be able to delete them.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups

to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"June" wrote in

message
[...]

.

Thomas Campitelli

Hello June,

Are you absolutely sure that you have plenty of disk space left? What is
the size of your C: drive and what percentage of that is free? If you
have 30 temp files that are taking up all of the space, how much space
do those files occupy?

Tom Campitelli

June wrote:
[...]

Yes, I have enough space. Thanks somuch for thinking of
this. According to my computer, I have a total capacity
of 111.75 GB and only 10.56 GB are used, leaving 101.18
GB free. It is just so strange that that a singular
problem trying to burn a document caused so many temps
and whatever other kids of files to appear..dozens of
them. I finally was able to delete them from My
Documents when I am working in Word. However, they still
show up when I am working in Outlook Express and I want
to send an attachment. When I open My Documents to grab
an attachment, all those extraneous files are still
there! How can this be?

June wrote:
[...]

.. .