AlSchultz

Default Macros and Buttons

I am trying to set up a macro to speed filling out a fax cover sheet, which I
created as a Word template. The document is set up as a table. I now have
to manually type or cut and paste a Contacts name and company (if any) from
Outlook 2000 in one cell and the Contacts Business Fax number in the
adjoining cell. It would be great if I could hit a button, select a Contact
from OL and have the pertinent information inserted, preferably as
unformatted text to accommodate the styles in the document. Some contacts
will have a personal fax instead of a Business Fax. But if the person is not
in my Contacts or does not have a fax, I will have to type the information
manually. I tried following G. Mayor papers on this and I have struggled to
stay awake reading a book on how to create Word macros but it is I am still
lost. Is there any stock code I can find and try to make it work?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QWxTY2h1bHR6?=,

You can check whether there's any macro code for using Outlook with Word at
word.mvps.org. If you need further help with your macro, try asking in the
word.vba.beginners newsgroup.

[...]

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QWxTY2h1bHR6?=,

Where can I find word.vba.beginners newsgroup?

ugh I just took my first look at the portal you must be
coming through, and it doesn't offer anywhere near the
selection of groups that actually exist for Microsoft Word.

Select the "Programming" entry for Word (instead of "Mail
merge and fax" that you used to get here). That won't be
the best group for you, as it's assumed people who post
there have basic programming experience. So tell them right
at the start that you're a beginner, and that the interface
you're using doesn't allow you to choose the beginners
group.

If you use Outlook Express as your email program, you can
access newsgroups directly using it, instead of a browser.
And then you can get ALL the newsgroups. I think you'll
find a tutorial for this at word.mvps.org

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Lloyd Smith

Am I alone in thinking that it is incredible that Outlook contact information
cannot easily be used to fill out single letters and faxes in Word? This is
just so basic that I find myself wondering what universe Microsoft is living
in. Isn't that the purpose of putting your contact data into Outlook -- so
you won't have to retype it every time you write a letter or fax?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QWxTY2h1bHR6?=,

Where can I find word.vba.beginners newsgroup?

ugh I just took my first look at the portal you must be
coming through, and it doesn't offer anywhere near the
selection of groups that actually exist for Microsoft Word.

Select the "Programming" entry for Word (instead of "Mail
merge and fax" that you used to get here). That won't be
the best group for you, as it's assumed people who post
there have basic programming experience. So tell them right
at the start that you're a beginner, and that the interface
you're using doesn't allow you to choose the beginners
group.

If you use Outlook Express as your email program, you can
access newsgroups directly using it, instead of a browser.
And then you can get ALL the newsgroups. I think you'll

Peter Jamieson

Am I alone in thinking that it is incredible that Outlook contact
information
cannot easily be used to fill out single letters and faxes in Word?

No, you aren't. But there's nothing I can do about the architecture of
Office other than try to point out its failings in constructive ways to
people who might be able to do something about it.

You may be able to find VBA to do the stuff you want at www.slipstick.com.
If not, I have some creaky old code that might just about do the job.

Peter Jamieson

"Lloyd Smith" Lloyd wrote in message
Am I alone in thinking that it is incredible that Outlook contact
information
cannot easily be used to fill out single letters and faxes in Word? This
is
just so basic that I find myself wondering what universe Microsoft is
living
in. Isn't that the purpose of putting your contact data into Outlook --
so
you won't have to retype it every time you write a letter or fax?

Hi ?B?QWxTY2h1bHR6?=,