Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flamingformulas

Default Help on inserts

When I try to insert a tick into a box the tick goes before the box and not
into it, how do I get the tick into the box?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Either insert, from a symbol font such as Wingdings, a "boxed" check
mark, or take a look at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"flamingformulas" wrote in message
When I try to insert a tick into a box the tick goes before the box

and not
into it, how do I get the tick into the box?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flamingformulas

The box is on an application form that requires a tick in the box for yes or
no.

I have tried to insert the tick symbol and it will not go into the box but
goes before the box. This is an on line form.

"flamingformulas" wrote:

When I try to insert a tick into a box the tick goes before the box and not
into it, how do I get the tick into the box?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You'll need to lock the form - see also
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

"flamingformulas" wrote:

When I try to insert a tick into a box the tick goes before the box
and not into it, how do I get the tick into the box?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The form was clearly designed by an idiot, so it's not your fault. If the
forms designer had used a Check Box form field and protected the form, you
could just click on the check box (or use the spacebar) and it would be
checked. Unless you want to go to the trouble of recreating the form the way
it should have been created, you have two choices:

1. Print the form out and fill it in by hand (which may be what the designer
intended).

2. Substitute a checked box for the empty one as Stefan suggested. The
character you want is character 253 or 254 of the Wingdings font or
character 81, 82, 83, or 84 of Wingdings 2.

It's remotely possible that the form designer used a MacroButton check box,
in which case double-clicking on the box will check it.

"flamingformulas" wrote in
message ...