Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hardy

Default Footer and Mail Merge

Hi,
I have a word document 5 pages long for job applications. Using mail merge
we enter the post name code (eg JO) on the top of each application followed
by a sequential number. Is there anyway of setting it up so that it adds the
post name code on the first page and then on each additional page adds the
post name code in the footer. The reaon is that the top sheet gets removed at
processing stage and we would like to keep track of the four further pages
and which front sheet they relate to.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Hardy" wrote:

Hi,
I have a word document 5 pages long for job applications. Using mail merge
we enter the post name code (eg JO) on the top of each application followed
by a sequential number. Is there anyway of setting it up so that it adds the
post name code on the first page and then on each additional page adds the
post name code in the footer. The reaon is that the top sheet gets removed at
processing stage and we would like to keep track of the four further pages
and which front sheet they relate to.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hardy

Hi Carol,

Thanks, that was really useful. However i also need the document to work
using mail merge or like mail merge. Say the title is JO and that gets placed
in the footer of the following pages of the document, How can i get it so
that if I need to send the document to 5 people, to automatically put JO1 ,
JO2, JO3 etc in both the title and footer?

"Hardy" wrote:

Hi,
I have a word document 5 pages long for job applications. Using mail merge
we enter the post name code (eg JO) on the top of each application followed
by a sequential number. Is there anyway of setting it up so that it adds the
post name code on the first page and then on each additional page adds the
post name code in the footer. The reaon is that the top sheet gets removed at
processing stage and we would like to keep track of the four further pages
and which front sheet they relate to.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Try the StyleRef field.