Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dee

Default Section Breaks

I have a document that I inserted a section break after page 8. I want to
start renumber the pages after this section break to 1 and I also want to add
the number of pages. I can tell Word to start renumbering and it will start
at 1 but the number of pages is 1 of 9 not 1 of 1. Is there a way to have the
number of pages start at 1 also. I took off connect to previous in the haeder
and footer.

I am using Word 2003. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Dee
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Press Alt+F9 to switch to display of field codes. In the second
section (after page 8), change the NUMPAGES field to
SECTIONPAGES. Press Alt+F9 again to switch back to display of
field results.