Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Becky

Default My normal.dot is no longer updating automatically.

I manually loaded PowerPoint 2003 and Office Tools, and now my Word 2003
normal.dot no longer automatically updates (whether I prompt to save or not)
such things as autotext additions or macros, keyboard assignments, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Becky

You are absolutely correct! I just assumed it was the PPT, but I had also
recently upgraded to Acrobat 7, and that was it. I don't understand why
Adobe would write their software to override a basic Word function and not
give you an option to turn it off easily.
Thank you.

"Becky" wrote in message
I manually loaded PowerPoint 2003 and Office Tools, and now my Word 2003
normal.dot no longer automatically updates (whether I prompt to save or

not)
such things as autotext additions or macros, keyboard assignments, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Because they are Adobe! Read the whole page for a long history of messing
with Word in stupid ways.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you have Adobe Acrobat 7? If so, see the last bit of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

so
all may benefit.