Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scorpio

Default Track Changes

How do you correct typing errors when you are inserting a change using the
Track Changes feature?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2NvcnBpbw==?=,

How do you correct typing errors when you are inserting a change using the
Track Changes feature?

I don't understand the problem. Can you restate your question, explaining why
this isn't "working" using track changes? And which version of Word is
involved?

My best guess is that you don't want typo-corrections showing as changes? In
that case, you need to turn off track changes (Ctrl+Shift+E) when correcting a
typo, then turn them back on again.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scorpio

Thank you. I did mean a typing mistake made while inserting a change; I'll
try your solution.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?U2NvcnBpbw==?=,

How do you correct typing errors when you are inserting a change using the
Track Changes feature?

I don't understand the problem. Can you restate your question, explaining why
this isn't "working" using track changes? And which version of Word is
involved?

My best guess is that you don't want typo-corrections showing as changes? In
that case, you need to turn off track changes (Ctrl+Shift+E) when correcting a
typo, then turn them back on again.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you correct errors as you go along--for example, if you are typing an
insertion and backspace to correct an error--Track Changes will ignore this.
In fact, I think any corrections to changes made in a single session will be
treated as part of the same process. But simple corrections to existing text
that you don't want tracked will have to be made with Track Changes turned
off.

"Scorpio" wrote in message
Thank you. I did mean a typing mistake made while inserting a change; I'll
try your solution.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?U2NvcnBpbw==?=,

How do you correct typing errors when you are inserting a change using

the
Track Changes feature?

I don't understand the problem. Can you restate your question,

explaining why
this isn't "working" using track changes? And which version of Word is
involved?

My best guess is that you don't want typo-corrections showing as

changes? In
that case, you need to turn off track changes (Ctrl+Shift+E) when

correcting a
typo, then turn them back on again.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland