Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat

Default How do I change a graphic to word document?

I copied an example resume from a website and pasted it on Word. I now want
to change the format from a graphic to a document so I can just change the
sentences and words to my own. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

You would need an optical character recognition (OCR) program to
"read" the graphics and produce readable text. And most OCR programs
can't read an image that's embedded in a Word document; you'd have to
either print the image and run it through a scanner, or extract the
image into a graphics file that can be opened by the OCR program.

If you don't already have some OCR program on your computer and know
how to use it, it would probably be quicker and less aggravating to
use the downloaded resume as a formatting guide, and just start typing
your own information in a new document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman