Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherri

Default How do I use shift key to unlock caps lock

I have Office 2000 and sometime ago I set it so that to unlock the Caps you
touch shift rather than caps lock. I don't remember how I did this and would
like to change it back.
Thanks
Sherri
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Probably someone can tell you how to do specifically what you ask, but
possibly what you are thinking of is an AutoCorrect setting, "Correct
accidental usage of cAPS LOCK key." What happens when you have this checked
is that if you have Caps Lock on and press Shift to capitalize the first
letter of a word, resulting in something like "cAPS," Word will correct this
to "Caps" and turn Caps Lock off.

"Sherri" wrote in message
I have Office 2000 and sometime ago I set it so that to unlock the Caps

you
touch shift rather than caps lock. I don't remember how I did this and

would
like to change it back.
Thanks
Sherri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherri

I'm not familiar with using this website. I know what you are saying, but
that isn't the problem. If the caps lock is on, hitting shift will take it
off completely. I have started a new question, trying to explain my problem
better.
Thanks for your help

"Sherri" wrote in message
I have Office 2000 and sometime ago I set it so that to unlock the Caps

you
touch shift rather than caps lock. I don't remember how I did this and

would
like to change it back.
Thanks
Sherri

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should continue in the thread you have started rather than post a new
question on the same subject.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Probably someone can tell you how to do specifically what you ask, but
possibly what you are thinking of is an AutoCorrect setting, "Correct
accidental usage of cAPS LOCK key." What happens when you have this

checked
is that if you have Caps Lock on and press Shift to capitalize the first
letter of a word, resulting in something like "cAPS," Word will correct

this
to "Caps" and turn Caps Lock off.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

International Keyboard mike New Users 2 January 23rd 06 12:41 AM
CAPS LOCK: ON/OFF time delay Barry Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 05 10:06 AM
Allow elimination of keyboard lock when pressing caps lock button Barry Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 05 10:01 AM
Displaying CAPS LOCK ON in Word 2000 in Windows XP Jackie D Microsoft Word Help 2 February 16th 05 05:37 PM
Caps lock not functioning properly Abby Microsoft Word Help 3 January 8th 05 11:15 PM