Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
batteries4ever

Default zoom %

How do I relate the zoom % given in Word to the real world size?
For instance: I have a 20" monitor, and can show two A4 pages side-by-side
in what Word calls 75% zoom.

Howver, the real height of those pages on screen is about 265 mm, or 90% of
an A4 sheet of paper. Can I set this somewhere in Windows or Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No. These percentages were never (I assume) meant to relate to anything in
the real world, as obviously they depend on screen size, resolution setting,
etc. Just find a Zoom that works for you and set that as your default. Even
if you could find a Zoom that was really 100% for you, I don't think there
is any way to enter a specific setting, though possible this can be done
through VBA.

"batteries4ever" wrote in message
How do I relate the zoom % given in Word to the real world size?
For instance: I have a 20" monitor, and can show two A4 pages side-by-side
in what Word calls 75% zoom.

Howver, the real height of those pages on screen is about 265 mm, or 90%

of
an A4 sheet of paper. Can I set this somewhere in Windows or Word?

Q: keyboard command to Zoom in/out wimbledon Page Layout 5 November 6th 05 11:14 AM
Default zoom PaulE New Users 5 October 25th 05 09:08 AM
I want all docs to open at 115% zoom, not what the creator set . JudyHarris Microsoft Word Help 1 September 24th 05 06:08 AM
WMF files not fully visible at 100% Zoom Dana Microsoft Word Help 1 August 9th 05 05:30 AM
Zoom - Customized Setting BenJAMMIN Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 05 05:20 PM