Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Valou

Default How to ensure the font I chose for my webpage is not modified ?

I am creating a webpage using word and I realised the font I chose could be
modified depending on the computer I use to look at the apge. How can I avoid
that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

You can't. You have no control over what fonts are available on the target
computer, or what fonts the end-user might prefer to use.

"Valou" wrote in message
I am creating a webpage using word and I realised the font I chose could be
modified depending on the computer I use to look at the apge. How can I
avoid
that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Use web-safe fonts. If tyou want/need to use a "fancy" font, do it in small
areas and use graphics. Too many graphics tho and your page takes longer to
load (and generally looks less than professional).

Per http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/:

Core fonts for the Web
Use the links below to access information about Microsoft's core fonts for
the Web.
Andale Mono (formerly Monotype.com)
Arial
Arial Black
Comic Sans MS
Courier New
Georgia
Impact
Times New Roman
Trebuchet MS
Verdana
Webdings
Adobe Minion Web*
* Adobe Minion Web was only ever supplied by Microsoft as part of
the Internet Explorer 4 supplemental font pack add-on.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Valou" wrote in message
I am creating a webpage using word and I realised the font I chose could be
modified depending on the computer I use to look at the apge. How can I
avoid
that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hello Valou

Valou wrote:
I am creating a webpage using word and I realised the font I chose could be
modified depending on the computer I use to look at the apge. How can I avoid
that?

You cannot. At least, not when you are using Word as an HTML-Editor.

There are solutions out there, but I couldn't say whether they are
widely used (pretty sure not for the first, no idea for the second):

1. http://en.selfhtml.org/inter/downloadschriftarten.htm
[sorry, in German only]

2. http://www.alistapart.com/articles/dynatext

Greetings