Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nikko963

Default Problem with Word 2003

Word started acting a bit funny this week. Every 15 seconds or so, the hour
glass appears and Word freezes while it does something for 2-3 seconds. I
checked Task Manager and during that time, Word jumps to the top of the CPU
usage chart. I checked auto-save but it is set for every 10 minutes.

Any body have any ideas? It is driving me nuts as the freeze is long enough
to be intrusive.

Thanks in advance

Nick
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nikko963

Update: I noticed that the status bar flickered during these freezes. I used
a screen capture app to record it and slow down the playback...it appears to
be repaginating during these freezes, even on blank docs.

Does that help anyone figure out what the heck is going on?