Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MattSmiths

Default What is the font name used for Bar Codes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

If you mean the PostNet bar code that Word puts on envelopes and labels,
that's created directly by the {Barcode} field and doesn't use any installed
font.

If you want TrueType bar code fonts, start at
http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/share.html.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, that's mostly true. The Windows Fonts folder (at least on my machine)
has links to two fonts, PostNetHrTt and PostNetTt, which contain the
characters used for PostNet barcodes (the first also has numbers), but users
cannot create valid PostNet codes by applying these fonts to ZIP codes; this
is done, as Jay says, by the BARCODE field. Unfortunately, the PostNet
barcode that Word generates no longer qualifies for USPS bulk mailing
discounts. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=897290

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
If you mean the PostNet bar code that Word puts on envelopes and labels,
that's created directly by the {Barcode} field and doesn't use any

installed
font.

If you want TrueType bar code fonts, start at
http://www.adams1.com/pub/russadam/share.html.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

so

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

I don't see those fonts in my Fonts folder here (Office 2003 on Windows
2000). I'll check the home machine later, but I think you might have gotten
them with some other software.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
[...]

newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Perhaps so; I've got a slew of apps. g They're not actually in the Fonts
folder; let me see where the shortcuts go to: Ah, they are two of 79 fonts
in the C:\COREL\BARCODE\FONTS\TTF folder, so they came with CorelDRAW. Sorry
for the red herring.