Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patricia

Default New file name overwrote old file also when saved

I have a file with a name of henry. I opened it, made some changes and then
wanted to save the new file as Jack, however it also overwrote the original
file, which I still needed as henry. What the heck happened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Jezebel has answered your question. This is yet one more reason to create
new documents from templates rather than using old documents and SaveAs. For
more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog, and
locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Patricia" wrote in message
I have a file with a name of henry. I opened it, made some changes and
then
wanted to save the new file as Jack, however it also overwrote the
original
file, which I still needed as henry. What the heck happened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patricia

No, I am always very careful about that little glitch happening and I always
make doubly sure I save as and have used this method thousands of times and
never had a problem. Thank you anyway. I was able to resolve my problem and
in fact have both the original and Jack file also.

"Patricia" wrote in message
I have a file with a name of henry. I opened it, made some changes and
then
wanted to save the new file as Jack, however it also overwrote the
original
file, which I still needed as henry. What the heck happened?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patricia

Thank you for responding. I was able to get back to the original Henry file
and also have the revised Jack file, so all is well. This was not something
I was able to use any sort of template for anyway, but all is well, so thanks
again