Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kenn

Default Merge list of names to print on existing certificates

I'm new at this and need to accomplish this today. How do I merge a list of
names from a spreadsheet or database to print on existing (store Bought)
certificates? Please provide some direction on how to create a template and
then do the merge.

Thanks much

kenn

You'll find tutorials on doing mail merge at word.mvps.org

Basically: you set up a page with margins that correspond to the margins you
want to use on the certificate. Type in and format the "standard" text that
should appear on all certificates. Be sure to save your work.

Now use the mail merge commands to link in the Excel or database file with the
information. (If you'd told us which version of Word you have, I could have
given you more precise information.) Insert the merge fields where required,
then execute the merge to a new document (recommended) or directly to the
printer.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org