Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Oatmeal eyes

Default creating templates

I have been attempting to creat a template that each co-worker can type new
customer requests. I thought I had it, but I am now getting the following 2
messages when I try to open it: 1. There are too many edits and 2. Can't
exit design mode because Control 'TextBox1' can not be created.

I am also stuck in trying to enable the users to tab from field to field.
I've gone to field properties and turned auto tab on, however that does not
seem to be working. If you can help with any of the above, I would really
appreciate it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?T2F0bWVhbCBleWVz?=,

I have been attempting to creat a template that each co-worker can type new
customer requests. I thought I had it, but I am now getting the following 2
messages when I try to open it: 1. There are too many edits and 2. Can't
exit design mode because Control 'TextBox1' can not be created.

I am also stuck in trying to enable the users to tab from field to field.
I've gone to field properties and turned auto tab on, however that does not
seem to be working. If you can help with any of the above, I would really
appreciate it.

I can piece together almost everything you've got, but not the version of Word.
If you need to follow-up, please include that information.

It appears the form document you've designed may be damaged. I'd start with a
new document and copy across the text, only. Then insert the fields again "from
scratch".

Please note that such a document will trigger macro security, as ActiveX
components do contain a "macro hook" that allows you to attach programming
code.

In order to "tab" between these fields you either require code, or the document
must be protected as a form (Tools/Protect document). Also, the controls may
not be formatted with text flow formatted, but must be "in line with text". You
can use table cells and/or frames (from the FORMS toolbar) to provide text
flow.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Try creating what Word calls an "online form." Check this in help. For more
about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Do not use controls or elements from the Controls Toolbox in such forms
unless you absolutely must. And then, be prepared to do a lot of work.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.