Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
court14047

Default How do I view the outlines for Labels in a word document?

When I am using MWord and creating letters/Mailings_ Envelopes and Labels
I open up a label document however the label outlines are missing from the
doccument. I realize that going to tools and show grid outline makes them
appear. This works until I close the document and open up a completely new
document in which the outlines are gone again. I can manually click on show
grid outlines however this is time consuming and bothersome. I know that I
have had no issue with this before in other word applications, Is there
something that is missing in this particular application that is preventing
me from automatically seeing these gridlines as soon as I open a new
application?

Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
court14047

This does not help me as I already know how to do this. What I need to know
is why are these grids not showing up automatically when I open up a new
labels file without having to click on the show gridlines every time I open
up a new document.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are table gridlines displayed when you close Word? If so, and if they're not
displayed when you next open Word, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

"court14047" wrote in message
This does not help me as I already know how to do this. What I need to

know
is why are these grids not showing up automatically when I open up a new
labels file without having to click on the show gridlines every time I

open
up a new document.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Table | Show Gridlines.