Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Webtechie

Default Table in Protected form?

Hello,

I am creating a form from a current Word document. On the current form,
there are hyperlinks and tables for the user to input data.

I want to protect the form, so that I can add checkboxes. I found a macro
that will make the hyperlinks function on a protected form. Great.

But when I protect the form, you can't enter data into the table anymore.
How can I create a form (protection) and have an table for users to key in
data.

This is a checklist so as they go from step to step, they sometimes have to
put in notes on each step. Hence a table.

Thanks,

Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Insert Text FormFields into the cells of the table.

See: "Please Fill Out This Form"

Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46

Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119

Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127

Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and keep
better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Webtechie" wrote in message
Hello,

I am creating a form from a current Word document. On the current form,
there are hyperlinks and tables for the user to input data.

I want to protect the form, so that I can add checkboxes. I found a macro
that will make the hyperlinks function on a protected form. Great.

But when I protect the form, you can't enter data into the table anymore.
How can I create a form (protection) and have an table for users to key in
data.

This is a checklist so as they go from step to step, they sometimes have
put in notes on each step. Hence a table.

Thanks,

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Webtechie

"Webtechie" wrote:

Hello,

I am creating a form from a current Word document. On the current form,
there are hyperlinks and tables for the user to input data.

I want to protect the form, so that I can add checkboxes. I found a macro
that will make the hyperlinks function on a protected form. Great.

But when I protect the form, you can't enter data into the table anymore.
How can I create a form (protection) and have an table for users to key in
data.

This is a checklist so as they go from step to step, they sometimes have to
put in notes on each step. Hence a table.

Thanks,

Tony

For those curious...

I found a post with an answer from Jay Freedman. It said to place text form
fields in the table cells. When the form is protected, the user can still
input into the text form fields.

Bingo! Just what I needed.

Tony