Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vernon

Default Copy to cd-rw without read only.I want to edit the copy

When I copy my book to a cd-rw it copies as read only. I want to edit and
write on the copy. How do I do this.Vernon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vernon

"Vernon" wrote:

When I copy my book to a cd-rw it copies as read only. I want to edit and
write on the copy. How do I do this.Vernon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

The down and dirty version:

Copy the file from the disk to your hard drive. Work on it. Save it to your
hard drive. Write (or rewrite) to the CD with whatever software you are
accustomed to using.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Vernon" wrote in message
When I copy my book to a cd-rw it copies as read only. I want to edit and
write on the copy. How do I do this.Vernon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

You seem to have forgotten something?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Vernon" wrote in message
When I copy my book to a cd-rw it copies as read only. I want to edit
and
write on the copy. How do I do this.Vernon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

No,. no, no. NEVER do that. Always work with a copy on your hard drive.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]