Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alip

Default word document only opens in minimised form, cannot view documents

When I open word or a word document it only appears as a minimised version in
the taskbar. I cannot maximise it.It seems to fly off to the right.I am also
unable to write emailson outlook express. When another user is logged on word
opens correctly.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

It sounds like the window is opening off the Desktop when it is
Restored.

Here are a few things to try to get it back:

- Open another window, right-click an empty area of the Taskbar and
select "Cascade"

If that doesn't work then:

- Right-click the Word task and click "Restore" if necessary
- Right-click again and select "Move"
- Use one of the arrow keys on the keyboard to "lock in" the move
command
- Use your mouse and see if you can move it back to the Desktop

If the above doesn't work then follow the steps in this article for
recreating the Word\Data key in the Registry. Note that all you need
to do is rename/delete the Toolbars value of the key instead of
recreating the entire key:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP