Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gwen

Default How do I add a graphic into a protected form?

I am doing a template form on MS Word 2003, and have protected it so users
cannot change certain fields. When I try to set up a field for users to enter
a photo, the insert picture from file is grayed out and not available as an
option. How do I set up the field so users can import a picture of
themselves, yet still maintain the protection on the document in the other
fields?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Gwen,

If you create an unprotected section in your document, your users will be
able to insert pictures & objects there. the unprotected section can be at
either end or in the middle - wherever is convenient. To 'unprotect it,
protect your document via Tools|Protection, then click 'Forms', followed by
'Sections' and uncheck the section you want the users to have free access
to.

Cheers