Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RichMac

Default how restore alphabetization of documents when click file open?

In Word, when clicking fileopen (or the "open folder" icon) the documents
in the selected folder always used to be alphabetized. But now they are not.
What happened? How can I restore alphabetization?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Right-click a blank area of the dialog, click Arrange Icons By, and
then click Name in the submenu.

If the dialog is in Details view, you can just click the Name header
at the top of the column. Additional clicks there switch between
ascending and descending order. (The view selection is on both the
right-click menu and the View button at top right.)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:56:01 -0700, RichMac
wrote:

In Word, when clicking fileopen (or the "open folder" icon) the documents
in the selected folder always used to be alphabetized. But now they are not.
What happened? How can I restore alphabetization?

File Open documents from a pre-set folder other than "My documen John Cutler Microsoft Word Help 3 January 13th 06 01:09 AM
Set Word 2003 as default setting Oz Microsoft Word Help 4 July 2nd 05 07:03 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Non .doc files Tino New Users 12 March 9th 05 09:43 AM