Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thavian

Default Word should remember the last-used zoom setting for documents.

In Office 2003, Word remembers the last zoom setting you used when creating a
document. If you zoom to 110% and save and exit, the next document you create
in Word will automatically default to 110% zoom. However, this does not seem
to be the case in Office 2007. I want my default zoom to be 110% for best
readability on my monitor, but I can't figure out a way to change this in
Word 2007 and it's quite annoying that I have to manually adjust it from 100%
every time I make a new Word document.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Word 2003 does not behave the way you described. (I just tried it
again to verify.) Saving just any document at a particular zoom does
_not_ have any effect on the zoom for new documents. What does have an
effect is changing the zoom of the Normal.dot template itself, making
a change that Word detects as requiring a save, and saving that. The
procedure is described at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...iewAndZoom.htm.

The exact same behavior occurs in Word 2007, except that the name of
the template will be either Normal.dotx (if it isn't macro-capable) or
Normal.dotm (if it is macro-capable).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:04:01 -0700, Thavian
wrote:

In Office 2003, Word remembers the last zoom setting you used when creating a
document. If you zoom to 110% and save and exit, the next document you create
in Word will automatically default to 110% zoom. However, this does not seem
to be the case in Office 2007. I want my default zoom to be 110% for best
readability on my monitor, but I can't figure out a way to change this in
Word 2007 and it's quite annoying that I have to manually adjust it from 100%
every time I make a new Word document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
song.exe

I just tried this in Word 2003, and the original poster's ideas seem to be
correct on my version. When I open Word 2003, change the zoom to 110%, close
Word (no need to save since there are no document changes), and reopen the
program, the zoom says the same (at 110%), rather than go back to the deafult
110%.

Perhaps this was a missed bug in Word 2003?

wrote:

In Office 2003, Word remembers the last zoom setting you used when creating a
document. If you zoom to 110% and save and exit, the next document you create
in Word will automatically default to 110% zoom. However, this does not seem
to be the case in Office 2007. I want my default zoom to be 110% for best
readability on my monitor, but I can't figure out a way to change this in
Word 2007 and it's quite annoying that I have to manually adjust it from 100%
every time I make a new Word document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What you're describing is a somewhat different situation: what you're saying
is that Word opens at the Zoom in which it was closed. This is what users
expect, that they can change View and Zoom settings and have them saved upon
exit. It doesn't always happen, however; I invariably close Word upon an
open Document1 (which I keep open all day as a scratchpad) in Normal view at
100%, with the ruler displayed. Most of the time that's the way Word opens,
but occasionally I get Print Layout view, often the ruler is not displayed,
and sometimes I get 105% Zoom. sigh