Michelle

Default Mail Word 2000 to 2003

We've just upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003. When I open an existing mail
merge document, I get an message saying that it can't find the database.
When I select the database, it comes back to the message saying that it can't
find the database. If I Remove All Merge Info, I can go into my mail merge
doc and link it to the database again, but then if I save it, close it, and
try to open the mail merge doc again it come back with the message saying
that it can't find the database and I start all over again.

Can anyone help please?
Graham Mayor

Move the database to the defined 'data sources' folder (or maybe the folder
containing the merge document) and re-attach it then see if it finds it any
better. You don't have to 'remove all the merge information', simply
re-attach the data file from the merge toolbar -

Michelle wrote:
We've just upgraded from Office 2000 to 2003. When I open an
existing mail merge document, I get an message saying that it can't
find the database. When I select the database, it comes back to the
message saying that it can't find the database. If I Remove All
Merge Info, I can go into my mail merge doc and link it to the
database again, but then if I save it, close it, and try to open the
mail merge doc again it come back with the message saying that it
can't find the database and I start all over again.

Can anyone help please?

Michelle

Hi Robin
Yes, we did resolve it in the end. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834699. Our network drives (where I was
saving the database) are held on a website that windows recognised as an
external site, and didnt trust. Our IT dept had to run a patch to correct
the problem.
--
Michelle