Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue T.

Default Same document looks different in Word 2003 and Word 2000

I have one computer that runs Word 2003 and one that runs Word 2000, they
both print to the same printer.

The same document will print differently from each version. Why is that and
how do I overcome it?

HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Sue

Sue T. wrote:
I have one computer that runs Word 2003 and one that runs Word 2000, they
both print to the same printer.

Maybe they're using a different printer driver (almost certain if they
use a different OS version, BTW)?

The same document will print differently from each version. Why is that and
how do I overcome it?

You can do a lot to make it better (make sure that all used fonts are
installed on both system, that there's no font substitution happening
through the printer drivers, that the compatibility options are set to
the older version, etc.; but the last 10 % of changes is something you
probably cannot overcome.

For an overview, see:

Why does the appearance (or layout) of my document change when I open it
on a different machine? (by Suzanne S. Barnhill)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm. It isn't the change
from Word 2003 to Word 2000 or back that causes what you are seeing, but
having a different printer driver (even with exactly the same printer).
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Sue T." wrote in message
news
I have one computer that runs Word 2003 and one that runs Word 2000, they
both print to the same printer.

The same document will print differently from each version. Why is that
and
how do I overcome it?

HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue T.

Will look to see what printer drivers are installed on both machines. What
gets me is it looks different on the screen on both machines. Would the
printer drive do that too?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm. It isn't the change
from Word 2003 to Word 2000 or back that causes what you are seeing, but
having a different printer driver (even with exactly the same printer).
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Sue T." wrote in message
news
I have one computer that runs Word 2003 and one that runs Word 2000, they
both print to the same printer.

The same document will print differently from each version. Why is that
and
how do I overcome it?

HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue T.

OK. I checked both machines. They are set up identically yet see the
document differently and print it differently. Could my Word 2003 be corrupt
and need to be re-installed?

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm. It isn't the
change
from Word 2003 to Word 2000 or back that causes what you are seeing, but
having a different printer driver (even with exactly the same printer).
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

news I have one computer that runs Word 2003 and one that runs Word 2000,