Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Robinson Jr

Default Grammar makes false assumptions - should allow override

The Grammar checking feature is useful, but makes many false assumptions
without the opportunity to override. For example, one common irritation in
my daily writing is the word "ITS". This is *not* a misspelling of the
contraction "it is", but is a valid acronym. With false positives caught by
the spell checker I can add words to my personal dictionary and resolve the
issue, but the grammar checker insists that I am wrong.

Please consider adding an override feature for this. To continue my
example, I would like to highlight the word in question, right-click, then
through some menu option choose to "ignore in this document" or "ignore
forever".

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Word 2003 - set compatability option Kimmi Microsoft Word Help 4 December 5th 07 12:51 PM
fields queries and utter disaster John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] Mailmerge 36 May 11th 06 10:02 AM
Word Table Sort like Headers JLP1782 Tables 4 February 9th 06 01:16 AM
Creating a macro dk Page Layout 10 November 17th 05 04:36 PM
macro problems Stephen Larivee New Users 6 April 7th 05 07:03 PM