Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maggi

Default Help text character limitation

I am trying to find a way to extend or better yet - a better way - to add
help text to my Word 2003 Form.

Right now - you can add help text to form field but it is only viewable by
pressing F1 in each field - therefore you have to annotate that in the form.

Next is the fields are very limited in length. I need to basically
described what type of information the user must fill out in each field and
these can not be limited to a sentance.

A perfect example - think of the Note fields you can add into an excel cell.
That would be ideal for what I am trying to do. Additionally - a mouse
over would be easiest for the user to trigger this help and not having to
press F1 when in the field.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

M Boone
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

With all the limitations of Word's protected forms, you're better off
making a userform (a custom dialog) to collect the information. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...eAUserForm.htm to get
started.

--
Regards,