Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Word 2003 Privacy Settings

I recently upgraded to Word 2003, and I cannot seem to turn off the
option to "warn when saving, printing, etc. documents that contain
tracked changes". I go into Tools/Options/Security, and uncheck the
box. It will stay unchecked as long as I don't close Word. However, I
restart my computer at the end of everyday. I am also running AIA
Contracts software, which often causes me to shut down Word several
times throughout the day. I have not seen anything that lists
compatibility issues between the two yet. So, I don't know if this is
the cause.

I was having another issue immediately after the upgrade, where I
couldn't get the "Show Windows in Task Bar" to stay checked. This was
easily solved with an AutoOpen macro.

Does anyone know how I can fix this Privacy warning issue? Every
document that I work on contains tracked changes, and I want the
receiving parties to see these tracked changes. So, I would really
like to keep this warning from popping up every time I print or save a
document. Please help.

Thanks,
Amy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Unfortunately, that is not the case. That would be an easy fix. All
of the IT guys have taken a look at this, and have attempted to fix the
problem with no luck. I was hoping there was a macro that I could
write to override this setting.