Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Garry

Default Data Sourse folder

Hi, Is there a way to set the default Data Source folder to another

Many thanks, Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If there is, no one (to my knowledge) has discovered it.

"Garry" wrote in message
news

Hi, Is there a way to set the default Data Source folder to another

Many thanks, Garry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Default Data Source folder

Garry wrote:
Hi, Is there a way to set the default Data Source folder to another

Many thanks, Garry

It can be set to any sub folder directly below 'My Documents', but no other
location, by means of a registry edit.
My
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Offi ce\11.0\Common\DataServices
However if you attempt to change this to another folder location it will be
ignored and the My Documents parent folder will be used instead..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

If your Excel folder is a sub folder directly off My Documents then yes.
Double click the MyData subkey and change the value to the name of your
Folder (no quotes, no path). You don't even have to close Word In
practice this is essentially how I use it myself.

Garry wrote:
Hi, Is there a way to set the default Data Source folder to another

Many thanks, Garry

It can be set to any sub folder directly below 'My Documents', but
no other location, by means of a registry edit.
My

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Offi ce\11.0\Common\DataService
However if you attempt to change this to another folder location it
will be ignored and the My Documents parent folder will be used
instead..

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good to know. Since the only data sources I use that are not in Word are in
Excel, even getting to Excel Files would be a help (though I'd still have to
drill down to the subfolder), though it's only one click less than starting
with My Documents.