Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sol

Default Comments

I have created a template upon which i have inserted instructions for use by
using the comment feature in Word. I dont want the comments to print. I
also dont want to use a macro or have the user go to the print menu and
manually select the item to print. Can anyone suggest how to have Word print
the completed template by merely clicking on the print icon in the toolbar?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Sol wrote:
I have created a template upon which i have inserted instructions for
use by using the comment feature in Word. I dont want the comments
to print. I also dont want to use a macro or have the user go to the
print menu and manually select the item to print. Can anyone suggest
how to have Word print the completed template by merely clicking on
the print icon in the toolbar?

No, you've just eliminated all the possible methods of getting Word to do
what you want.

But if "dont want to use a macro" really means "don't want to make the user
click an extra button to launch a macro", then we can do business. You can
write a macro and give it the special name FilePrint, and it will run
automatically when the user clicks the Print menu item or presses Ctrl+P.
Write another macro named FilePrintDefault that runs automatically when the
user clicks the toolbar button. Those macros can select the text to print,
and then print it -- see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...tSavePrint.htm.

--
Regards,