Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeeFinalWord

Default Tables span pages. The header AND caption should span tables.

The documentation that I am developing now includes many Word Tables. While
the header can span multiple pages, the caption does not. If someone opens a
book in the middle of a table--they can easily lose their place. A quick
glance at the table caption, as in Table 2: Word Tables (continued) would be
helpful.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ic.word.tables
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you put your caption in the first row of your table and include it as one
of the heading rows that repeat, you will get most of what you ask.
Suggestions for achieving the "(continued)" part are posted here regularly.

"DeeFinalWord" wrote in message
The documentation that I am developing now includes many Word Tables.

While
the header can span multiple pages, the caption does not. If someone opens

book in the middle of a table--they can easily lose their place. A quick
glance at the table caption, as in Table 2: Word Tables (continued) would

be
helpful.

this