Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PEG

Default How do I filter a document in WORD to show only email addresses?

I have a hundred+ page document that contains email addresses along with
other information. How do I extract or show/print only the email addresses?
They are preceded by the word "E-mail: " and one or two spaces.

Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Method 1:
Use Find and Replace to find all your email addesses and format them in some
way (such as applying a colour); then delete everything that doesn't have
this formatting. To find the email address, check 'Use Wildcards' and look
for: E-mail: {1,2}[!^013 ]{1,}

This pattern means: "E-mail:" plus one or two spaces, plus one or more
characters not including space or paragraph. You'll need to get more
sophisticated if your email addresses might be followed by tabs, manual line
breaks, or punctuation.

Method 2:
Use Find and Replace to insert a paragraph before each "E-mail:". Then sort
the document. The email addresses will all fall together.