Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH

Default Linking to a specific place in a different document

Can anyone tell me how to link from one document to a specific position
within another document?

Example text:

See Section 10.2 in the Overview document. The hyperlink opens the
Overview document and then goes to section 10.2, say on page 20.

Many thanks
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Bookmark the target (eg the heading of the page you want to end up on); then
use the Bookmark button on the Insert Hyperlink dialog.

"DeanH" wrote in message
news
Can anyone tell me how to link from one document to a specific position
within another document?

Example text:

"See Section 10.2 in the Overview document." The hyperlink opens the
Overview document and then goes to section 10.2, say on page 20.

Many thanks
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH

Thanks for this, this is the way I have been trying to create the link, but
the problem is that even though the file is opened, Word does not jump to the
bookmark, staying only on page 1.

DeanH

"Jezebel" wrote:

Bookmark the target (eg the heading of the page you want to end up on); then
use the Bookmark button on the Insert Hyperlink dialog.

news