Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pentagon

Default toggle text boundary

I have copied a Word 2003 macro to Word 2007. This toggles "Show Text
Boundaries":
Sub ToggleTBView()
ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries = Not _
ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries
End Sub.
The button is in The Quick Access Toolbar. Can I put the button elsewhere?
Ideally in the "Show/Hide tab.
It also runs slowly
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi Pentagon

Can I put the button elsewhere?

No. In Word 2007, users can't customize the user interface in any way except
to add or remove buttons from the Quick Access Toolbar. The only alternative
is to develop a custom interface. To do that, start at
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ms406046(office.12).aspx.

You can allocate a keyboard shortcut to your macro. To do that, click the
round office button thing, then Word Options Customization and click the
Customize button. Then you're in familiar territory.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Pentagon" wrote in message
I have copied a Word 2003 macro to Word 2007. This toggles "Show Text
Boundaries":
Sub ToggleTBView()
ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries = Not _
ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries
End Sub.
The button is in The Quick Access Toolbar. Can I put the button elsewhere?
Ideally in the "Show/Hide tab.
It also runs slowly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pentagon

Thanks very much, at least I wont spend ages (as I have already) trying to
find how to change around toolbars!
Is the macro the right one for this task in 2007?
Regards
Pentagon

Hi Pentagon

"Pentagon" wrote in message
I have copied a Word 2003 macro to Word 2007. This toggles "Show Text
Boundaries":
Sub ToggleTBView()
ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries = Not _
ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries
End Sub.
The button is in The Quick Access Toolbar. Can I put the button elsewhere?
Ideally in the "Show/Hide tab.
It also runs slowly

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi Pentagon

The macro seems to work OK for me in Word 2007.

"Pentagon" wrote in message
Thanks very much, at least I wont spend ages (as I have already) trying to
find how to change around toolbars!
Is the macro the right one for this task in 2007?
Regards
Pentagon

Hi Pentagon