Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ross k

Default Envelpoe return address box

I have several names in the delivery address box that I placed there in
testing the Letters and Mailing, Envelopes and Labels, I selected several
names that were in my contacts, when I did this they appeared in the box and
I can select one of the names and the name fills in the address box for an
envelope, I want to remove several of these names, need help to remove, every
time I try, I end up with another name that I don't want in the list, I use
this for check printing and envelope address, so every time I print a check I
also print an envelope for the check

Rosco
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

This information is stored in the settings sub key of the Word data key in
the registry. This key stores a raft of other personalisations so resetting
it will ruin your morning, but if you insist rename the settings key to
oldsettings.
(see http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm which shows the
registry entry location) with Word closed.

If you find the list objectionable there are other ways of inserting
addresses, from autotext to calling the information from Outlook directly -
see http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

Ross k wrote:
I have several names in the delivery address box that I placed there
in testing the Letters and Mailing, Envelopes and Labels, I selected
several names that were in my contacts, when I did this they appeared
in the box and I can select one of the names and the name fills in
the address box for an envelope, I want to remove several of these
names, need help to remove, every time I try, I end up with another
name that I don't want in the list, I use this for check printing and
envelope address, so every time I print a check I also print an
envelope for the check --

return address Gary Microsoft Word Help 5 September 18th 07 03:20 PM
Mail merge duplicates return address... DJ Mailmerge 1 December 14th 05 12:08 PM
Return Address K Mailmerge 3 November 10th 05 09:58 PM
Return Address along Left Side of Envelope Jason Roberts Microsoft Word Help 3 May 26th 05 04:48 PM
default font size for the return address on an envelope? annpayt Microsoft Word Help 7 January 13th 05 02:47 PM