Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Joe L.

Default Page Break in Tables

Can you insert a page break in the middle of a column in a table when the
column covers more than one page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Not really. Perhaps you could split the row? Then you can format the bottom
half of the row as "Page break before," which will not split the table.

"Joe L." Joe wrote in message
Can you insert a page break in the middle of a column in a table when the
column covers more than one page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Joe L.

Unfortunately the table is already constructed and is 193 pages long. My
problem is that the amount of data on each page keeps on changing when I
print it so I am having difficulty in keeping the Table of Contents correct
(which is 41 pages long). I have not changed the column width or the margins
but I have changed printers so I don't konw if this has any effect on amount
of data printed on each page.
Unfortunately I can't split a row since the table is finished. Too bad I
didn't think of that before.

"Joe L." Joe wrote in message
Can you insert a page break in the middle of a column in a table when the
column covers more than one page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Does the TOC not update when you print? Check the box for "Update fields" on
the Print tab of Tools | Options. Also see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ksInTables.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not really. Perhaps you could split the row? Then you can format the

bottom
half of the row as "Page break before," which will not split the table.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Joe L." Joe wrote in message
Can you insert a page break in the middle of a column in a table when

the
column covers more than one page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Joe L.

Unfortunately the Tabe and the Table of Contents are two separate documents.
This might be one for the Word wish list!