Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
poppy

Default Word files

How do I get a double space after a full stop?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Press the space bar twice.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"poppy" wrote in message
How do I get a double space after a full stop?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man

If the document is already written, and you want to change one space to two,
use Replace (Ctrl-H) to change [period-space] to [period-space-space]. (Of
course you're typing the periods and spaces in the find and the replace
fields.) As long as your document doesn't have any spaced abbreviations, you
can use the replace all function. (Of course, replace all will change T. S.
Eliot to T. S. Eliot.)

Then, since some sentences may have already had a double space after them --
or even three or four spaces after them -- search for a period and three
spaces and change it back to a period and two. You should repeat this second
search until word says it "has made 0 replacements."

How do I get a double space after a full stop?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Don't do it. That's only for typewriters.

"poppy" wrote in message
How do I get a double space after a full stop?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Then, since some sentences may have already had a double space after
them -- or even three or four spaces after them -- search for a
period and three spaces and change it back to a period and two. You
should repeat this second search until word says it "has made 0
replacements."

What a rigmarole!

Wildcard replace
(. )([! ])
with
\1 \2

However I'm with Jezebel on this one.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH

You can also change the Grammer Settings to assist you with this.

"Spaces required between sentences:" and you can choose 1 or 2 spaces or
"don't check" (i.e. the spell checker would find erroneous spaces).

Again I am with Jezebel and Graham, two spaces is for typewriters.

Hope this helps.
DeanH