Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flyfisher29

Default How do you print selected text only in a document

I am using word 2007 and cannot find how to print highlighted text only
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

Select your text, from the File menu, click Print. Use the option
"Selection" and click OK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"flyfisher29" wrote in message
I am using word 2007 and cannot find how to print highlighted text
only

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flyfisher29

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Select your text, from the File menu, click Print. Use the option
"Selection" and click OK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"flyfisher29" wrote in message
I am using word 2007 and cannot find how to print highlighted text
only

Beth,

On the ribbon next to the Office icon is an icon "print" but this doesn't
have a "print selected items only"
When selecting the Office icon and then selecting "print" from the drop down
menu,there is still no provision to print selected item only.
On office 2003 it was simple.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
flyfisher29

"flyfisher29" wrote:

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Select your text, from the File menu, click Print. Use the option
"Selection" and click OK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"flyfisher29" wrote in message
I am using word 2007 and cannot find how to print highlighted text
only

Beth,

On the ribbon next to the Office icon is an icon "print" but this doesn't
have a "print selected items only"
When selecting the Office icon and then selecting "print" from the drop down
menu,there is still no provision to print selected item only.
On office 2003 it was simple.

Beth,
Have finally discovered how to do it. If I click on print from the drop down
main menu & click on print, the old 2003 selection box appears & I can then
print selected items only.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

"flyfisher29" wrote in message
news
"Beth Melton" wrote:

Select your text, from the File menu, click Print. Use the option
"Selection" and click OK.

"flyfisher29" wrote in
message
I am using word 2007 and cannot find how to print highlighted
text
only

Beth,

On the ribbon next to the Office icon is an icon "print" but this
doesn't
have a "print selected items only"
When selecting the Office icon and then selecting "print" from the
drop down
menu,there is still no provision to print selected item only.
On office 2003 it was simple.

Beth,
Have finally discovered how to do it. If I click on print from the
drop down
main menu & click on print, the old 2003 selection box appears & I
can then
print selected items only.

I'm glad you figured it out. The 'main menu' is called the Microsoft
Office Button and that's where you'll find file related commands.
Also, for future questions it's helpful if you include the version of
Word you are using. As you have found, Word 2007 is different from the
other versions and the instructions to help you are different too. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
h2ofria h2ofria is offline

I have Works Word 9.0 and I do not get a "Print Selection" option no matter
how I access the "Print" dialogue box. Is there a way to tell the program to
use the 2003 settings instead of the newer ones?
--
I''m confused!

"Beth Melton" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Works and Word are two different programs. Which do you have?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]