Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luke T.

Default Problems with Table of Contents

I've created a doc. that is very similar to another ( by using the 'Replace'
function to change one word to another throughout the document). This seems
to have caused a problem for the TOC- it says everything is on page '0' and
will not update. I've tried deleting the table and inserting a new one but it
comes up with a message asking if I want to replace the existing table (which
no longer exists!!). If I click 'Yes' it does not insert anything; if I click
'No' it inserts a TOC which again says everything is on page '0'. The same
thing happens for the table of figures and table of tables!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

In the original document, does the TOC work OK there? No error message
or incorrect page numbers if you try to update it?

If everything seems OK in the original, then clearly something has
happened to the copy.

One thing to try is the following: Copy the entire document except the
final paragraph mark into a newly created file, and see if that helps.
For more, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP