Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liela

Default Insert Date and Time does not contain all formats!

I have a user who is attempting to use several different date and time
formats, however when she goes into Insert - Date and Time (Word 2002), it
only offers her very few options. We have replaced her normal template
several times with ones that have the correct formats but she is still unable
to get them. I am not sure what else to do, please help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What format do you want?

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Liela" wrote in message
I have a user who is attempting to use several different date and time
formats, however when she goes into Insert - Date and Time (Word 2002), it
only offers her very few options. We have replaced her normal template
several times with ones that have the correct formats but she is still
unable
to get them. I am not sure what else to do, please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liela

Doug:

That was not the answer I needed. The issue is that the "standard" date
formats are not showing for this user when she goes into Insert - Date &
Time. I should not have to format anything or add anything for that matter
these date formats should be a part of the general normal template.

Thanks!
Liela

"Liela" wrote in message
I have a user who is attempting to use several different date and time
formats, however when she goes into Insert - Date and Time (Word 2002), it
only offers her very few options. We have replaced her normal template
several times with ones that have the correct formats but she is still
unable
to get them. I am not sure what else to do, please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In my version of Word, there are seventeen listings in the Insert | Date and
Time dialog. The first two are the short and long date formats I've selected
in Control Panel | Regional Options. The next nine are various (mostly
useless) date formats, the following two combine date and time, and the last
four are time formats. I take it that you are seeing something different?

"Liela" wrote in message
I have a user who is attempting to use several different date and time
formats, however when she goes into Insert - Date and Time (Word

2002), it
only offers her very few options. We have replaced her normal

template
several times with ones that have the correct formats but she is still
unable
to get them. I am not sure what else to do, please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Don't use it. Use templates that already have createdate fields in the right
place.

Insert Date inserts a DATE or TIME field rather than a CREATEDATE field.
This field should be put in the original template if possible (instead of
inserting using the keyboard shortcut or header/footer toolbar button).

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

My criminal defense lawyer site: http://addbalance.com.
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Liela" wrote in message
I have a user who is attempting to use several different date and time
formats, however when she goes into Insert - Date and Time (Word 2002), it
only offers her very few options. We have replaced her normal template
several times with ones that have the correct formats but she is still
unable
to get them. I am not sure what else to do, please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liela

Suzanne:

In my version of Word I see what you see however the user only has 13 date
and time formats and the long date and short date are not there for her. She
is looking for the date formats like "November 2, 2004" or "11/2/2004" or
"11/2/04". These are the ones she does not have despite replacing her normal
template. You mentioned changing the regional options in the control panel,
do you think that would fix this issue for this user and if so can you
explain that fix a little more as I have never heard that.

Thanks!

"Liela" wrote in message
I have a user who is attempting to use several different date and time
formats, however when she goes into Insert - Date and Time (Word

2002), it
only offers her very few options. We have replaced her normal

template
several times with ones that have the correct formats but she is still
unable
to get them. I am not sure what else to do, please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Check the format of the Long and Short dates under the Control Panel.

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In my version of Word, there are seventeen listings in the Insert | Date
and
Time dialog. The first two are the short and long date formats I've
selected
in Control Panel | Regional Options. The next nine are various (mostly
useless) date formats, the following two combine date and time, and the
last
four are time formats. I take it that you are seeing something different?

so
all may benefit.

&