Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lynn at Work

Default How do you join two existing tables of like format?

I have to like tables in a Word doc and would like to join them.
There is a hard return between the tables.
How can I join the two tables?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Select and delete the hard return ¶ between the two tables.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lynn at Work" Lynn at wrote in message
I have to like tables in a Word doc and would like to join them.
There is a hard return between the tables.
How can I join the two tables?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dorna Tucker

I saw this posting and this is exactly what I need to do. However, when I
deleted the hard return between the 2 tables, it did not make it one table.
When selecting the first column in the table, it stops at the end of the last
row of the first table and does not go all the way down to the end of the
table. It seems although you deleted the hard return it is still two separate
tables. (I hope I'm making sense here.)

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Select and delete the hard return ¶ between the two tables.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lynn at Work" Lynn at wrote in message
I have to like tables in a Word doc and would like to join them.
There is a hard return between the tables.
How can I join the two tables?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

I believe that it does make one table. Run a macro that contains the
command

MsgBox ActiveDocument.Tables.Count

and that will, if there were originally only two tables in the document,
return 1

Whether or not you can select all of a single column may depend on the
layout of the original tables.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Select and delete the hard return ¶ between the two tables.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lynn at Work" Lynn at wrote in message
I have to like tables in a Word doc and would like to join them.
There is a hard return between the tables.
How can I join the two tables?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dorna Tucker

As I was waiting to get help with this issue, I continue to work on the
document. I copied the second table into a new document, deleted the second
table from the original document I was working on and then copied and Paste
by appending table back into the original document. By doing this I now have
one table which is working okay. I can select the entire column(s).

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Select and delete the hard return ¶ between the two tables.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lynn at Work" Lynn at wrote in message
I have to like tables in a Word doc and would like to join them.
There is a hard return between the tables.
How can I join the two tables?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RPJ RPJ is offline

I have been experiencing very similar problems joining two tables in Word
2003 and have seen postings elsewhere on the same subject.

Your suggestions about a header row and/or wrapped tables does not help me
I'm afraid.

Has anyone addressed this issue since your last posting?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Select and delete the hard return ¶ between the two tables.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lynn at Work" Lynn at wrote in message
I have to like tables in a Word doc and would like to join them.
There is a hard return between the tables.
How can I join the two tables?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

RPJ was telling us:
RPJ nous racontait que :

I have been experiencing very similar problems joining two tables in
Word 2003 and have seen postings elsewhere on the same subject.

Your suggestions about a header row and/or wrapped tables does not
help me I'm afraid.

To make sure the two tables are joined, you may have to check that both
tables have the same numbers of columns, the same table width and that each
column is also the same width.
Sometimes, if one of the above is not true, the table do not join properly.

Finally, make sure that none of the table have text wrapped around them.

--
Salut!
_______________________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jen_writer jen_writer is offline

I have discovered that if the tables are two different styles (e.g. normal
and table grid), they will remain separate tables even when I delete the
space between them. If I change them both to e.g. normal styles, then they
become one table.

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

RPJ was telling us:
RPJ nous racontait que :

I have been experiencing very similar problems joining two tables in
Word 2003 and have seen postings elsewhere on the same subject.

Your suggestions about a header row and/or wrapped tables does not
help me I'm afraid.

To make sure the two tables are joined, you may have to check that both
tables have the same numbers of columns, the same table width and that each
column is also the same width.
Sometimes, if one of the above is not true, the table do not join properly.

Finally, make sure that none of the table have text wrapped around them.

--
Salut!
Jean-Guy Marcil - Word MVP
ISTOO
Word MVP site:
http://www.word.mvps.org

how to format tables Barb1 Microsoft Word Help 3 May 27th 06 06:57 AM
Mailmerge date format Ocean Mailmerge 5 April 9th 06 06:28 PM
Why do dashes change the format of tables in ConvertToTable? home4ward Tables 1 March 29th 06 04:27 PM
Word tables in pdf format are highly inefficient Justin Hess Tables 5 March 26th 06 11:40 AM
Word tables: how do you format numbers? Steel Tables 10 April 5th 05 06:16 PM