Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Anne

Default How do I get shading to fill a table cell completely?

Sometimes when I shade a cell in a table it only partially fills the cell.
How can I fix this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Make sure you've shaded the cell itself and not the paragraph in it.

"Anne" wrote in message
Sometimes when I shade a cell in a table it only partially fills the cell.
How can I fix this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Anne

Thanks for the response! There is no text...it is an empty cell. Actually
there are 4 cells in one row; the 2 cells in the middle are highlighted
correctly and the cells on each side are not--there is white space at the
bottom. There also is no paragraph spacing or anything.

"Anne" wrote in message
Sometimes when I shade a cell in a table it only partially fills the cell.
How can I fix this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman

In the Borders & Shading dialog, pay special attention to the "Apply
to" setting in the lower right. If it's set to Cell you should get
shading that fills the cell. If it's set to Paragraph, there will be
unshaded space between the text and the cell edges.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman